Firefox 11 Internet Browser lets you import settings, cookies, history, and bookmarks from Google Chrome. Before this version of Firefox, you could import all that from Internet Explorer, Opera and Safari, but not Chrome. If you’ve been using Google Chrome as your primary Internet browser and want to switch to Firefox 11, you will probably want to import your Google Chrome data into Firefox 11.
- Close your Google Chrome Internet Browser.
- Open your Firefox 11 Internet Browser
- On the Firefox menu bar click Bookmarks. If you do not see the Bookmarks Menu Tab, press the ALT key on your keyboard and the menu will appear.
- Click on the “Show All Bookmarks” option in the Bookmarks menu. As an alternative, click “CTRL + Shift + B” on your keyboard. A new window will pop up on your desktop, titled “Library”.
- From the Library Menu click Import and Backup on the top, then Import Data from Another Browser.
- An Import Wizard window will then pop up. Select Google Chrome and click Next.
- Select which items you would like to import from Google Chrome. Choose from Bookmarks, Browsing History, and Cookies, then click Next.
- A message confirms that the import is completed. Click Finish.
Your Google Chrome bookmarks will now appear in your Firefox bookmarks menu. You will have to rearrange them in the order you had in Google Chrome. Browsing history will be available in the History tab in the Firefox menu bar.